Daisypath Ticker

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Wedding Reception Sites


Jack and I have been looking at places to have our reception early because places around here book up fast .



We first checked out the French Manor which is very cute, elegant, and the views from Huckelberry Mountain are breath taking.















Then we looked at the Delaware Water Gap country club. As we all know the food and service there is wonderful and Mr. Carlton does a great job organizing everything (trying to score some brownie points)



My mother and I looked at the Pocomont resort this past friday. here is a picture of the ballroom which is on the top floor and has views of the watergap









Lastly Jack and I are going to check out Shawnee Inn and Golf resort in a few weeks. I've heard good things about it and it is right on the Delaware River which would be nice for photos provided it doesn't flood. here are some photos:




3 comments:

Robin said...

They all look & sound so nice. The Water Gap Country Club was nice -- and we've all been there so often that I think we should have frequent flier miles by now!

Shawnee seems nice. Matt & I have been down there for different outdoor events. And the photo opps are really great. Like you said, as long as the place isn't under water again.

As far a photos go, remember, you can have a gap between the ceremony and the reception to take your photos at a third location. Phyllis did this when she got married. They stopped for pictures at a park before taking pictures at the reception site.

Clymer Library said...

Every place looks beautiful
I am sure you and Jack will pick the perfect place
Love you
Mom P

Anonymous said...

Hey Ofcourse I love you guys enough to send you to Paris. I hear that Paris Texas is nice that time of the year. HA HA HA !
Anyway I like the long dresses with the longggg sash. They look very elegant.
All of the possible reception places look beautiful. They all seem to have wonderful scenery.